Crispy Chicken Parmesan Recipe
We began our Gryllies journey when we realized just how damaging the meat industry is to our planet. We've since drastically changed our diets and have been leading our friends and families in the same direction. However, it is very difficult for most people to make such a drastic change overnight and, sometimes, it's just not sustainable for the long term to give up foods you grew up on and have always loved. We believe in everything in moderation and even cutting back on high impact foods will create a positive impact in return. So kick back and enjoy this high protein chicken Parmesan! Fueled by crickets, powered by Gryllies!
Yields: 4 servings
4 chicken breast cutlets
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Whisk both eggs in a bowl, set aside
- Add flour to separate bowl and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Add breadcrumbs to separate bowl and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Dredge each chicken cutlet through the flour, then eggs, then breadcrumbs until completely coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until shimmering
- Lower the heat to medium and gently fry each cutlet until they are golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place cutlets on a baking sheet and spoon each with Gryllies Savoury Tomato Sauce. Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan cheese on each piece and then spread mozzarella on top. Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 10-15 minutes, or until the mozzarella begins to brown.
- Serve hot, enjoy immediately!
Possible Ingredient Substitutions
Some of you may already be living with a fully vegetarian diet, and that's great! Here are some possible substitutions to fit your lifestyle or dietary needs:
- Substitute eggplant for chicken.
- Substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil
- Add a few tablespoons of cricket flour to the flour for an extra protein kick!
- Substitute polenta for breadcrumbs.
- Substitute soy or almond flour for all purpose flour.